Last week started out ok. I started a day later than I wanted to because I ate leftovers from our son’s birthday party on Monday. I did my meal prep on Monday night and started my eating plan on Tuesday. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I stayed around 1500 calories, so when I weighed myself Friday morning I had lost a pound. That is pretty good for three days in, but then I went a little overboard during the weekend and gained a couple pounds. (I ultimately realized that the weight gain was actually due to it being that time of the month, so that weight is only temporary.) I am definitely going to stay on top of my goals this week.
I went to the grocery store on Sunday to purchase my groceries for the week. I plan to drink the Caramel Premier Protein mixed with coffee again for breakfast with some fruit. For lunch I found a recipe from Organize Yourself Skinny, called “Cajun Chicken Pasta” (see link in section below). Organize Yourself Skinny is a great website where blogger Tammy Kresge has blogged about her weight loss journey and provides a lot of good recipes and tips for staying on track. For dinner, I roasted broccoli, sweet potatoes and salmon.
I am going to start small with exercise so I don’t set myself up for failure. I printed out a 30 day challenge with exercises such as squats, planks, push-ups, etc. I plan to follow this plan with the addition of 20-30 minutes of cardio per day. My first goal is to follow this routine at least three times this week.
I am adding my meals and snacks to the MyFitnessPal app everyday to track my calories. My goal is to stay under 1500 calories each day. Sunday will always be my cheat day when I eat anything I want (in moderation of course).
- One half of Caramel Premier Protein shake mixed with black coffee over ice (Approximately 90 calories)
- Fruit (100 calories)
- Cajun Chicken Pasta (Approximately 340 calories)
- Cheese stick and fruit (Approximately 150 calories)
- Roasted Salmon Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes (Approximately 350 calories)
- Dessert: A few squares of dark chocolate (Approximately 126 calories)
Here are the recipes I made this week:
Roasted Salmon, Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli
- Four 4 oz. filets of salmon (I purchased the frozen filets from Shoprite and let them thaw)
- Two crowns of broccoli, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Two sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Mrs. Dash
- Balsamic glaze (Optional)
- Pesto (Optional)
- Feta (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Chop broccoli and sweet potatoes.
3. Lay broccoli, sweet potatoes and salmon filets on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Add seasonings to broccoli, sweet potatoes and salmon.
5. Put in oven for 20-25 minutes or until browned.
6. Remove and put into one large container or several small containers.
7. Place on plate and reheat in microwave or place small container in microwave to reheat.
8. I added some pesto, balsamic glaze and feta on top, so that is optional.
Hopefully I will have better results this week! I am going away in less than two months, so I want to look my best.
Click here to see my meal plan from last week.
Let me know if you have any questions or comments by emailing me or commenting below!