I haven’t weighed myself since last week, but my clothes are definitely fitting looser. I did pretty well with my meal plan last week, but unfortunately I didn’t meet my exercise goal. I need to think of a solution for sticking to my exercise plan even if it is starting out with a small amount of exercise each day and increasing it over time.
I decided to meal prep turkey taco bowls for my lunches this week. I went grocery shopping at Aldi on Saturday. I prepared my lunches for the week on Sunday evening which were turkey taco bowls. I decided not to meal-prep dinners this week and will just eat whatever I cook for my family, but in moderation.
Maybe it’s just me being over-frugal (if there is such a thing lol), but the Premier Protein shakes I have been drinking for breakfast are a bit pricey (about $7 for 4), so I purchased a pack of the Aldi Chocolate Weight Loss Shakes ($3.29 for 4). It tasted pretty good mixed with coffee over ice. I have been craving fresh mozzarella so I purchased a package of BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Snacking Cheese from Aldi. It comes with six servings in individual packages (1 oz. each) so I plan to have a package with a few cherry tomatoes for a snack.
- One half of Aldi Chocolate Weight Loss shake mixed with black coffee over ice (Approximately 100 calories)
- Fruit (100 calories)
- Turkey Taco Bowls (Approximately 350 calories)
- Mozzarella and cherry tomatoes (Approximately 100 calories)
- Dinner will vary this week depending on what my family is eating
Turkey Taco Bowls
Makes 6 Servings
- 19 oz. Ground Turkey (Fit & Active brand from Aldi)
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper (optional)
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- Half a cup cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt for taste (for the salsa)
- Shredded cheese
- Greek yogurt/Sour cream
1. Prepare rice according to directions.
2. Saute ground turkey and add seasonings.
3. Combine chopped tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice and salt.
4. Assemble bowls with rice and turkey with salsa and other toppings on the side.
5. I kept the rice and ground turkey separate from the toppings, so I could microwave them and then added the toppings after. I just added the salsa and some cheese.
This is my third week on consistent meal prepping and I think so far it is definitely working for me. I just need to get used to exercising on a regular basis. Hopefully I can find a way to get over that hurdle! Stay tuned and drop me a line if you have any questions or comments!