I wanted a beautiful and glamorous chandelier for my master bedroom. I checked a few stores, but found that they were $200+ and I wasn’t even all that crazy about them. One day I was surfing Craigslist and found a local person selling an old chandelier for $10. I purchased the chandelier and gave it a “glam makeover” (with my hubby’s help of course).
Here is how we did it.
1. I went on Craigslist to find a used and inexpensive chandelier for sale. I found one for $10.
2. We purchased a can of white spray paint from Home Depot for about $5-$6. You can also purchase a can on Amazon for about $4.
3. My husband applied two coats of paint and let it dry for about a day before installing the chandelier.
4. We purchased crystal embellishments and pearl-inspired beads from Hobby Lobby for a total of $20, but they also have some pretty and affordable options on Amazon.
5. After the fixture was installed, I layered the pearl beads over it and then hung the crystal embellishments.
For less than $40 and a little elbow grease, I have a beautiful chandelier.
Here is the before photo:
Here is the after photo: