I have an exciting weekend planned of church, celebration and family. My husband and I are hosting Easter dinner on Sunday, so we plan to take another shopping trip for that. However, I still wanted to plan some meals for the week and took a quick trip to my local Aldi to purchase some groceries.
Here is what I purchased:
Chicken Thighs (a little less than 5 pounds) $6.17
80% Ground Beef Patties (4) $5.87
Chicken Breasts (about 2 pounds ) $4.24
Bag of Flat Leaf Spinach $1.49
Bag of Red Onions $1.09
1 pint Grape Tomatoes $2.29
16 oz. of Roma Tomatoes $1.35
Box of Organic Granola $2.69
8 oz. can of tomato sauce $0.25
Garlic Powder $1.19
Bag of shredded mozzarella $2.49
Container of Vanilla Greek Yogurt $3.49
Total = $33.75
I plan on having either a smoothie, eggs and bacon or Greek yogurt with fruit and granola for breakfast this week.
I meal prepped Greek Power Bowls for my lunches this week. These Greek bowls are Lent/Vegetarian friendly.
Greek Power Bowls
2 Cups Quinoa, Cooked
1 Can Garbanzo Beans, rinsed
1 red onion
1 red pepper
1 cup Kalamata Olives
1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
1 cup Cucumber
1 cup Feta
1 cup Tzatziki Sauce
2 cups raw spinach
1 teaspoon Oregano
Salt and Pepper (for taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook quinoa according to instructions.
- Cut onions and peppers and place on cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Bake for about 5-10 minutes and then add rinsed garbanzo beans and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Prepare containers with ½ cup of quinoa, a scoop of the roasted vegetable/garbanzo bean mix, spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, feta and a spoon or two of tzatziki sauce.
- Place in refrigerator and eat when desired.
I plan to make the following dinners this week:
Monday: Grilled chicken, rice and beans
Wednesday: Salsa Verde Enchiladas
Thursday: Cheeseburgers and fries
I probably won’t be cooking on Friday and Saturday since I have family plans and my husband and I are cooking Easter dinner on Sunday.
This week’s meals are easy and inexpensive. If you have any questions or feedback, leave me a comment below!